Read this page BEFORE you sign up.
Want to coordinate an exchange? Read Information for coordinators
Baren Print Exchanges are for members of our [Baren] Forum Google Group (SUBSCRIBE HERE) to create, exchange and display editions of woodblock prints. Relief prints pulled from wood substitutes and wood-like materials, including linoleum, corian, MDF, resingrave, and similar are acceptable as are collagraphs. Coordinators are obligated to reject prints whose primary method of production is by other means. For example: monotype, intaglio, stencil, lithography, ink jet, laser, photocopy, etc are to be rejected by the coordinator.
- Participation: You should be a member of the [Baren] Forum Google Group SUBSCRIBE HERE (when the group page opens, click the “Ask to join group” link near the top).
- Communications: It is essential that the coordinator be in close and timely communication with you. You must respond promptly to e-mails sent from the coordinator and must notify the coordinator of any change in e-mail address. If you become ‘lost’ and do not respond to communications from the coordinator, you may be dropped from the exchange without further notice. If this occurs after the Drop-out deadline, a penalty may imposed.
- Postage and Mailing: If you don’t provide your prints, return address label, sufficient return postage, and suitable return packaging, then the suite of exchange prints will not be sent.
- Rejected prints: If your prints do not conform to the above specifications for Medium, Image size, Paper size, Paper type, and/or Delivery deadline then the coordinator should promptly reject them, notify you by email, and (if you enclosed sufficient postage) promptly return them. You may repair and/or replace the prints prior to the delivery deadline or drop out of the exchange prior to the drop-out deadline without penalty.
- Penalty: The [Baren] Exchange Manager will promptly notify you by email if it is determined that you are subject to penalty, which may prevent you from future participation in [Baren] Exchanges. Please see this page for all the Exchange Rules for participation.
- Colophon information: When your prints are completed, submit your print information. Our Exchange Galleries list all the exchanges – find the link to your exchange and submit your print details!